Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet our Mural Interns/Artist Assistants!

We have an amazing team of artists working with Greta McLain and the Central Identity Mural Crew!
Check em out: 

Lamia Abukhadra:
"I started painting murals last summer when I decided to help design and paint the mural at South High School. I enjoyed being able to express myself and my opinions visually. Art gives everyone an opportunity to show themselves, no matter the skill level. During the school year, I work on ceramic pieces and mosaic."














Samie Johnson:
"My name is Samie johnson and I am a senior at Perpich Center for Arts Education in Golden Valley. I am passionate about people and creating art with an array of mediums. So I am naturally drawn to creating murals. Rich content driven design has the power to reach the entire community in a positive way becauses it is created by, for and about the community. Public art unites social concerns with an affected community and has the power to ignite an important dialogue and mobilize change. My first experience participating in a large scale mural project was last summer where I helped to create a mural entitled “We the People”. Along with Greta Mclain and other local Muralist, South High students helped to design and paint a large scale mural discussing the injustices which have occurred in US history and continue today. Last summer’s mural was an amazing experience and I am so excited and appreciative to be working on the Central Identity project."



Eamonn McLain:
"Eamonn McLain grew up in the small town of Powderhorn Park in southern Minneapolis.He grew up playing music and admiring his sister's artistic ability. In college after deciding against architecture and engineering he followed in his sister's footsteps and studied the visual arts. For the past two years Eamonn McLain has worked as an artist assistant in South Minneapolis and the midway area in St. Paul. He plays cello with Lucy Michelle and The Velvet Lapelles and occasionally with Trampled by Turtles. He is a graduate of the U of M with a BFA in sculpture and lives with his girlfriend's puppy in his sister's home."

 Elise Buxbaum

"My name is Elise Buxbaum. I graduated from MCAD. I love teaching art at Jefferson and Emerson in Minneapolis. I am a passionate artist who enjoys being outside and being in a community environment!"

No comments:

Post a Comment